We are now back open at the bricks and mortar shop!
We are VERY happy to be back open but we are taking things very steady because we want you to be comfortable and safe shopping with us.
We are also, as you may be aware, a couple, so we have to be extra careful to both stay healthy and well because if one of us gets ill we have to shut the shop until we are both well again and out of quarantine. This would be very difficult for us financially as well as practically. SO we are being pretty strict about how we operate for all our safety!
We are both fairly anxious characters and have had a really mixed set of experiences visiting shops during the lockdown and we have decided that when guidelines are set and kept to we are much happier shoppers! So with this in mind, we have set out the following guidelines in the shop:
- You must wait at the door to be invited in. This is so we can monitor the number of people in the shop. We are limiting this to 4 at the moment.
- You must use the hand gel when you enter the store or use gloves provided if you intend to touch anything in the store. Please don't take this personally as it applies to everyone. We know you are all lovely clean people but this routine is good practice.
- You are welcome to come with friends or family but if you are visiting with children please keep them close to you and do not allow them to wander out of your sight.
- We have installed a perspex screen at the counter. You will be asked to stand in front of the counter and place your goods on the glass counter on the right so we can process your sale. You will be given a bag should you need one so we can limit the amount of handling of your items.
- We will not be accepting cash at this time and where possible ask that you pay using contactless cards.
- Please do not fuss Stevie dog if she is about. We know this is super hard! We know that dogs can't catch or transmit covid-19 but as with all surfaces and fabrics, if she is being touched by multiple people we have to be cautious.
- We regularly wipe down surfaces in the store using antibacterial cleaning products.
So far you have all been absolutely wonderful and despite some new routines the shop is still a lovely, colourful, relaxing space to pootle about in. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!