These prints are part of our latest exhibition which accompanies the interactive heritage project 'Hiding In Plain sight'. The project, launched by The Hyde Park Picture House, allows you to rediscover the lost cinemas of Leeds - where they were situated, who designed them, when they opened their doors and, in most cases, when they closed them for the last time.
The images for the project have been designed by the talented Leeds-based illustrator Adam Allsuch Boardman. For the show 12 of the 70 images produced were chosen to be reproduced as A3 (29.7 x 42cm) art prints.
Pudsey Picture House 1920-1960 (still visible). Church Lane, Pudsey.
The auditorium of Pudsey Picture House is still clearly visible on Church Lane, where it now houses a Sainsbury’s Local store. When the cinema first opened in 1920 it was a one-screen cinema with 900 seats and an unusual front entrance. Two shops were built against the front of the building, one allegedly sold sweet and tobacco, the other was a clothing shop. These have since been demolished.