These prints are part of our latest exhibition which accompanies the interactive heritage project 'Hiding In Plain sight'. The project, launched by The Hyde Park Picture House, allows you to rediscover the lost cinemas of Leeds - where they were situated, who designed them, when they opened their doors and, in most cases, when they closed them for the last time.
The images for the project have been designed by the talented Leeds-based illustrator Adam Allsuch Boardman. For the show 12 of the 70 images produced were chosen to be reproduced as A3 (29.7 x 42cm) art prints.
Hyde Park Picture House 1914-present (open). Brudenell Rd, leeds.
The Hyde Park Picture House is a 275 seat cinema close to the city centre. When it opened in 1914 it was announced with a small advert in the Yorkshire Evening Post which described it as the “cosiest cinema in Leeds”. In 1989 it was threatened with closure but was taken over by the Leeds Grand Theatre and Opera House Ltd, who still run it today. It is now a Grade II listed building.