These prints are part of our latest exhibition which accompanies the interactive heritage project 'Hiding In Plain sight'. The project, launched by The Hyde Park Picture House, allows you to rediscover the lost cinemas of Leeds - where they were situated, who designed them, when they opened their doors and, in most cases, when they closed them for the last time.
The images for the project have been designed by the talented Leeds-based illustrator Adam Allsuch Boardman. For the show 12 of the 70 images produced were chosen to be reproduced as A3 (29.7 x 42cm) art prints.
Clock Cinema 1938 - 1976 (still visible). Roundhay Road, Leeds.
This impressive art moderne cinema opened in 1938, boasting a capacity of 1,836 patrons. The Clock Cinema closed in 1976, with a final double feature of The Incredible Journey and The Apple Dumpling Gang. Like many fellow ex-cinemas, it enjoyed a stint as a bingo hall. Thankfully, the building is still standing to this day, now split into offices and retail.