These prints are part of our latest exhibition which accompanies the interactive heritage project 'Hiding In Plain sight'. The project, launched by The Hyde Park Picture House, allows you to rediscover the lost cinemas of Leeds - where they were situated, who designed them, when they opened their doors and, in most cases, when they closed them for the last time.
The images for the project have been designed by the talented Leeds-based illustrator Adam Allsuch Boardman. For the show 12 of the 70 images produced were chosen to be reproduced as A3 (29.7 x 42cm) art prints.
Paramount Theatre 1932 - 2001 (still visible). The Headrowl.
Opening in 1932 with a staggering 2,556 seats and a grand Wurlitzer organ, the Paramount Theatre was a glamourous addition to the Leeds cinemascape. The building is Grade 2 listed, made of red brick and Portland stone, topped by a balustrade and crowning urns. It changed its name to Odeon when the cinema chain, founded by Oscar Deutsch in 1930, bought all seven UK Paramount Theatres in 1939.